9.15.2007

Mackenzie's Room









I know I posted a long time ago that I was painting Kenzie's room. I wanted to do her room first, because she had the sweetest room in Illinois that she never even got to sleep in! So I couldn't wait to do her room again. It was really fun and I am happy with how it turned out. Three walls are yellow and one wall is pink. I stenciled random flowers and butterflies on the yellow walls and did a long vine all the way across the top of the pink wall. For the pictures I found a children's book that I loved, and I cut it apart and pasted it together, then framed it. My mom had made the curtains for her old room, so we were able to use those again. We also had the letters in her old room, but I repainted them pink. I got her bookshelf at a garage sale and painted it white. She loves to sit on her floor and pull bunches of books off, but she also reads them, so I can't complain! You can't see it too well, but there is a rug on her floor that all of my aunts and my mom helped to make. They each made a few squares and then one of my aunts put it all together. It is soooo soft, and a really special gift. So that is Mackenzie's room! Now I am ready to move on to another part of the house, but I'm not sure what my next project will be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsey - it's beautiful! In fact, it's Annamarie's dream room. She's requested yellow and pink, her two favorite colors. But we are waiting until we move in the next year or so. By then - who knows what she'll like.

You & Geri both have such talent for decorating. I didn't get one of those genes :-)

Love from Aunt Martha

Valerie said...

Kelsey - what an awesome room! What a lucky little girl. I love the pics you made from the children's book. I bet Mackenzie loves it! She is getting to be such a big girl. I'm glad to see she shares her mother's love for reading!

Val