5.28.2006

Welcome to Arkansas

We are officially residents of Arkansas - who would've guessed? It is HOT here. We were having unseasonably cool temps in Illinois, and we are having record highs here, with 100% humidity (I don't really know about the humidity, but that is my best guess!). We arrived late tuesday night, but there were tons of people from the church to help unload the u-haul. Kenz was so good for the ride, and even more suprisingly, Greyson was really good too. We have been unpacking and are mostly settled, but are shopping for a cabinet for our tv (I refused to let our old one into the u-haul). Today was our first Sunday, and everything went well. We have a "Meet Matt" party on Wednesday to get connected with some of the kids and their parents (aaaaaaah - more names to learn!). My mom is still with us, which helps out so much. We have gone on a few walks, exploring the area, and enjoying the view. It is really very pretty here - green and lots of rolling HILLS (people here call them mountains, which they aren't, but still pretty). I will post new pictures just as soon as the cable guys come and hook up the internet at our duplex, which will hopefully be VERY soon. Oh,and good news on Mackenzie - she slept through the night last night, on her four month birthday! We were excited, and hope that this might become a habit. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello -- If you are right about the humidity, I'll bet it reminds you of visiting your great-grandma years ago. I remember lots of 100% hyumidity summer days when I was living there. We have 100% humidity here too: rain! But sunshine is on the way. I really like your website, opr blog? (I don't know the terminology.) Looking forward to more pictures of Kenzie.
Love, grandma

Kelsey said...

Hi Grandma! It's funny you mention that - it reminds me so much of Indiana, sometimes it's a little scary. I don't understand why it seems so much more humid here than in Illinois!?