9.25.2006

All About Our Day!



Mackenzie and Greyson playing. Greyson hits her little balls, and she tries to grab them - it keeps them both happy!

Let me just tell you about our day today. Mackenzie and I had some errands to run, but Matt needed the car, so he took it to the church. After Kenzie and I had breakfast and got dressed, we were going to walk up to the church and get the car. Well, I realized that the stroller was in the car, so I just carried Mackenzie to the church (it's not very far). When we got there, I remembered that the carseat was at the house, so I couldn't take the car. So next I decide that we will just take the stroller, go to the dollar store to get milk so I could have my coffee, and have Matt bring the car later. I opened the trunk only to realize that Matt had taken the stroller out - it was at home in the garage. So I carry Mackenzie to the dollar store (which is also really close to our duplex). I wait outside for a few minutes until it opened, go in, and realize that my wallet is in the diaper bag - in the car - at the church. Yeah. So I leave and take Mackenzie home - no car, no stroller, no milk, no coffee. After Mackenzie's nap I load her up in the stroller and walk back to the church. We leave and go to the post office where I needed to mail a few things. I park, get out, and attempt to carry Mackenzie, a bag with two boxes in it, and another bigger box all at the same time. It was probably really funny to watch - I was propping the bigger box against the side of the building so I could fling open the door with that hand and run through really quick. This whole time Mackenzie is bending herself in half trying to pull on the plastic bag. We get in line and make it up to the counter. While I am filling out the form to send the box to Canada, Mackenzie grabs my wallet, shakes it, and throws everything in my wallet all over the post office floor. Thankfully a nice lady in line behind us helped me pick it all up. After that we still had to go to Walmart to get groceries. I was exhausted when we got home. I felt like all we did all day was walk around in circles! If you are still reading this you must be really bored, or be a really good friend!

5 comments:

Kacie said...

Oh wow, I can totally relate with you! That sounds like every day here in Bangkok!! :) It's so good to hear another mom doing all the silly things that I do. Since we don't have a car here, we have no car seat, which means everywhere we go we are carrying sterling, or trying to maneuver the stroller...it's always an adventure doing things on your own isn't it??

Debra said...

LOL...I have to chuckle when I read this. Been there done that but we don't live close to daddy's work. Thanks so much for sharing your day.

Hugs to you Debra and Hope

Kelsey said...

I don't think I realized how true it is when moms say that they need more arms until I had Kenz!

Anonymous said...

I went through a long stretch when I would get to the end of a street a couple of blocks from home, where I had to turn left or go straight, and LITERALLY and TRUTHFULLY, I could not remember where I was going. The only time I remembered was in the morning, taking Annamarie to school, and I only remembered then because it was the first time I'd left the house and Ami was in the car. I'm amazed I ever remembered to pick her up! Acupuncture and Passion Flower (an herb) saved me.

But I still have many crazy days when I reach the end and don't know how we survived!

LOVE LOVE LOVE to you all!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey,
You're a hoot! I've had similar days, but I think this one is an award-winner!! Too funny. We think about you, Matt, and Kenzie and pray for you daily! We miss all three of you so much! Abbie checks your blog every single day. Please tell Matt how much the kids miss him.
Sharon