9.19.2006

Tasty Tuesday - Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I thought it would be fun every once in a while to talk about something other than Mackenzie on my blog! I know that's why most of you read it, though, so I won't do it very often! :) I thought that on Tuesdays I will post one of our favorite recipes, and if anyone else has one they would like to share, feel free to leave it in the comment section - I am always looking for new things to try! I haven't actually ever tasted this one, but I am making it today and it smells really good, so hopefully it turns out okay!

Sweet and Sour Meatballs
1 jar (9-10oz) sweet and sour sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 TBLS soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
3lbs frozen meatballs
1 medium red bell pepper, cubed
1 can (20oz) pineapple chunks, drained
Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir gently. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours. Serve with rice.
I halved the recipe because I don't think I can fit 3 lbs of meatballs in my crock pot! I got this recipe from the box of slow cooker liners. If you haven't tried these, you really should - they are fantastic, and make clean up so much easier. Enjoy!

No comments: